PSW Jobs & HCA Jobs
Interested in finding PSW Jobs or HCA Jobs?
As an approved Personal Support Worker (PSW) or Health Care Aide (HCA) with CaregiverMatch, you can offer a wide assortment of personal care and home support services requested by Clients through the CaregiverMatch website. You are also eligible to work as a Housekeeper and as a Companion. In order to be registered and approved on CaregiverMatch website, you will have to show valid photo ID, a Criminal Record Check and any education certificates.
What services can be provided in PSW Jobs & HCA Jobs on CaregiverMatch?
PSW Jobs & HCA Jobs are performed by Caregivers that have officially completed an education program at any number of colleges in Canada. These courses are usually a minimum of 1 year of education, including an official work placement at a hospital, long-term care facility, retirement home, home care agency, or any other company offering PSW Jobs & HCA Jobs.
Unlike Nurses, PSWs and HCAs are not registered professionals, but are considered the most trained and skilled of all non-registered caregivers. Other non-registered Caregivers include Home Support Workers (HSW) and Companions.
PSW Jobs & HCA Jobs are usually provided by educated and trained Caregivers ready to perform the following tasks:
- Senior Care
- Child Care
- Assisting clients with activities of daily living
- Overnight supervision at home or in hospital
- Preparing meals
- Feeding clients
- Showering / Bathing clients
- Assisting clients to the toilet or commode
- Grooming clients
- Dressing clients
- Reminding clients to take their medication (note that PSWs are not permitted to administer medications)
- Understanding and empathizing with clients and their challenging situations.
- Using proper Lifts and transfer techniques with clients (example: help someone from the bed to the wheelchair)
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
- Increasing clients’ comfort, safety and mobility
- Communicating clearly and compassionately with clients
- Observe client conditions and report issues as required
- Noting and reporting all tasks properly (note: a good PSW will always make good notes of their work and observations so that family and physicians can review if necessary).
Caregivers often perform the following duties as part of their PSW Jobs & HCA Jobs:
- Home support
- Driving clients (where applicable)
- Appointments, outings and errands
- Grocery shopping
- Pet Care
- Other non-medical tasks
Tasks that Caregivers should NOT be asked to do in their PSW Jobs & HCA Jobs:
- Administering medications
- Any Nursing procedure
- Cutting toe nails and finger nails
- now shovelling
Clients & Caregivers can Join Today for FREE! Why wait?!